This is your Survival Guide for ShipRocked, which, along with our Frequently Asked Questions, contains all the important info you need to know before you go! Be sure to read through it completely so you'll be ready to Rock Hard and Vacation Harder!
BEFORE THE CRUISE
Complete your online check in 48 hours prior to sailing using the Carnival Booking Number we previously emailed you. If you're not sure what your Carnival Booking Number is, don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are having trouble logging into Carnival's website, please contact Carnival Technical Support at (800) 845-2599. ASK4 does not have access to your login information for Carnival’s website
Purchases on board the ship will be made using your Carnival Sail & Sign keycard. During your online check-in, you will have the opportunity to set up your onboard spending account, by linking your reservation to your personal credit or debit card.
If you prefer to set up up a cash account for your onboard spending, you will be able to do so in the terminal when you check in at the pier. Cash accounts may be updated and refilled on board the ship.
PLEASE NOTE: All ShipRocked merchandise and artist merchandise purchases on board must be made using your credit/debit card or cash only. You will not be able to purchase these items using your onboard Sail & Sign card. Additionally, you will need to have your credit cards and/or cash handy for purchases made in ports of call.
After you've completed your check-in, please print your boarding pass (or save a copy to your mobile device).
You must have your printed boarding pass, along with your passport (or birth certificate and photo ID) in order to gain entry into the cruise terminal, and to board the ship!
NOTE: Each person in your cabin must have completed their Online Check-In in order to access and print your respective E-Docs/Boarding Passes. If you are the lead guest in your cabin, you have the option of registering and checking-in for everyone in your cabin. If you do so, please remember to print each guest's documents for them!
after checking in
Tickets for the Cozumel Beach Bash are nearly gone! So if you haven't already booked your spot in the sand, be sure to do so soon before the party sells out! You definitely don't want to miss this all-inclusive day at the beach, with a complimentary international buffet, an OPEN BAR, and live shows from Joyous Wolf and Hyro The Hero!Book Your Beach Party Ticket
After checking in, you will be able to book Carnival offered shore excursions, schedule spa appointments, purchase soda packages and water for your stateroom, signup for onboard internet packages, make reservations for specialty dining restaurants, send gifts, and more!
PLAN YOUR TRAVEL
The closest airport to accommodate your travel plans is Louis Armstrong New Orleans Int’l. (MSY), which is approximately 16 miles (22 minutes) from the Port of New Orleans.
BEFORE THE CRUISE
Guests should plan to arrive the day before the cruise departs to avoid any potential flight delays, lost baggage, or other problems that may occur. Should you need to arrive on the date of departure, we recommend that you schedule your flight arrival in New Orleans for no later than 1:00pm-CT.
Check-in and Embarkation for the cruise will begin at 12:00pm-CT, and all guests must be on the ship by no later than 3:00pm.
AFTER THE CRUISE
When booking your return flight, Carnival recommends scheduling your departure from New Orleans for after 11:30 AM-CT.
We recommend you consider arriving in New Orleans a day before the cruise departs (or earlier) in the event of unexpected flight delays, cancelations or weather problems while en-route, and so you don't miss the ship!
Still looking for a place to stay? Click here to check out some special room rates from our official hotel partners (subject to availability)
ShipRocked will depart from the Erato Street Terminal at the Port of New Orleans.
Parking is available for $20 per day. Driving directions to the Terminal can be found by clicking here.
Carnival operated Shuttle Transfers are available from Louis Armstrong New Orleans airport for $23.99/pp each way. Click here for further info.
IMPORTANT – Do not pack your travel documents, boarding pass or e-docs in your checked luggage!
- CLOTHING – Lightweight “resort casual” clothing, swimsuits, flip-flops, sandals or deck shoes for around the pool area, sneakers, walking shoes or hiking boots for any applicable shore excursions. Fitness clothing if you like to exercise. Also not a bad idea to pack some warmer clothing and light rain gear just to be on the safe side (we’ll have some hoodies and long-sleeve shirts available for you in the Gift Shop!).
- COSTUMES – Any clothing or costumes you will need for our Theme Nights!
- CAMERAS – Cameras, batteries, chargers, and memory cards. Please review our Photo & Video Policy.
- MISCELLANEOUS - Don’t forget ear plugs for the young ones (or yourself), plenty of sunscreen and lip balm!
- OVERNIGHT BAG – On the last evening of your cruise you will have the option to check your luggage for disembarkation the following morning. So you may want to pack a separate overnight bag to accommodate your last evenings’ clothes and sundries to carry off the ship with you. More information about checking luggage on the last night of the cruise will be provided on board.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS - Do not pack your travel documents, boarding pass or e-docs in your checked luggage.
- ESSENTIALS & VALUABLES – Anything you may need during first day on the ship, such as your credit cards, medication, sunglasses, sunscreen, mobile phones, etc. It could take several hours for your checked bags to be delivered to your cabin.
- BEACH TOWEL – Beach towels will be supplied by the ship onboard, and we’ll have some ShipRocked towels available in the Merch Store!
- HAIR DRYERS – Hair dryers are included in all staterooms.
- CLOTHING IRONS – All Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards (valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee).
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – Guests are strictly prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board in checked luggage. See Carnival’s Liquor & Beverage Policy.
- BOTTLED WATER – Bottled water is NOT permitted to be packed in checked luggage.
- FOOD AND NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – Guests are prohibited from bringing any food, soft drinks, juice, and other non-alcoholic drinks on board in their checked luggage.
- ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. Absolutely NO illegal narcotics or drugs are permitted, and all guests and bags are subject to a search by US Customs & Border Patrol during embarkation and debarkation.
- OTHER PROHIBITED ITEMS – Passengers are strictly prohibited from bringing onboard firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances, or animals of any kind (with the exception of service animals). For a complete list of items prohibited by Carnival Cruise Lines, click here.
- ANY ITEMS TO SELL – No vending is allowed onboard.
In order to enter the Terminal, check in at the Port of New Orleans and board the ship, you must have proper documents on your person. Remember, do NOT pack these in your checked luggage.
- Your printed boarding pass
- Your form of identification (passport, birth certificate, etc)
- Other potentially necessary documents (marriage license, etc)
To review all required forms of ID and other documents required, please click here.
You will NOT be allowed to board the ship without the proper documents.
Why carry around all those heavy bags! Check your luggage with a porter before you enter the cruise terminal for easy and stress free boarding. Bags are typically delivered to your room by 6:00pm, so be sure to keep anything you might need for the day in your carry on bag or on your person.
Each piece of your checked luggage must have a luggage tag listing your name, ship and cabin number. Luggage tags can be printed prior to the cruise during online check-in. Additional tags may be obtained at port from the curbside porters.
*Please note that curbside porters are not employees of Carnival and it’s customary to tip them $1-2 per bag.
DON'T PACK YOUR PASSPORT, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, MEDICATION, ALCOHOL, OR ANY OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS IN CHECKED LUGGAGE
Going through security at the cruise terminal is similar to the airport, only easier. Just like at the airport, throw away open drink containers, and empty your pockets.
You will be able to keep your shoes on, but your belts and laptops will need to go into a bin for screening. Also, any wine or champagne you're carrying will need be taken out.
Please keep in mind that anything you're carrying on for theme night attire which looks like a weapon will be seized by security agents so it's better if you just leave those items at home.
If you plan to use a cash account for your on board spending, you will need to make those arrangements inside the terminal.
- Cash accounts may be setup using US Dollars (only) or Traveler's Checks (USD only)
- A minimum cash deposit of $200 per person is required
- Guests may add additional cash to their account by visiting the Guest Services desk once on board.
Per Carnival's Beverage Policy. guests may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person on board. You must hand carry this on to the ship.
A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, specialty restaurant or bar. A corkage fee is a charge assessed at time of service at a restaurant for every bottle served that is not bought on the premises.
ALL OTHER TYPES OF ALCOHOL ARE PROHIBITED
Bottled water is NOT permitted to be carried on board, per Carnival's Beverage Policy. However, guests may pre-purchase bottled water at significantly reduced pricing, which will be delivered directly to your staterooms. Once onboard, this purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.
You are able to carry on a small quantity of sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages (sparkling water, juices, etc) which are packaged in either cans or cartons. BOTTLES ARE NOT PERMITTED. A maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons, which are 12 ounces or less, are allowed per person.
MANDATORY SAFETY DRILL
ALL GUESTS MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY SAFETY DRILL before the ship departs so that you will know what to do in the unlikely event of an emergency during the cruise.
The safety drill will take place between 3:00pm-3:45pm on embarkation day. Please listen for announcements from the ship's crew over the loudspeaker and then make your way to your Muster Station, which is displayed on your cabin keycard. Carnival staff will also be available to direct you.
Your cabin keycard, which is also your Sail & Sign Card for onboard purchases, and which you will need to have on your person when getting off and on the ship in ports of call, will be delivered in a sealed envelope to the mailbox outside cabin door by 1:30pm.
If for some reason your keycard is not delivered to your cabin by 1:30p, or if you lose your keycard at any time during the cruise, fear not! You can have a new one issued and verify all of your account activity at the Guest Services Desk on Deck 3 in the lobby. They are open 24/7 and ready to assist you in any way that they can.
Your checked luggage should arrive to your cabin by no later than 6:00pm. It is typically placed just outside your cabin door, although sometimes cabin stewards are nice enough to place it inside your cabin. If your luggage has not arrived to your cabin by 6p, please contact Carnival's Guest Services desk.
If the beds in your cabin are configured incorrectly when you arrive, simply call your cabin steward and he/she will make sure that your beds are arranged per your preference before that evening's turn down.
OTHER USEFUL INFO
ShipRocked event merchandise and Artist merchandise will be available for purchase throughout the cruise in our onboard Merch Store (Lincoln Dining Room, Deck 3-MID).
You will NOT be able to charge merchandise to your onboard account. So you will need a credit card and/or cash in order to purchase any event or artist merchandise.
Internet access is available onboard in the HUB Internet Café (Deck 5-MID), via WIFI throughout the ship. Please note that internet access onboard is significantly slower than high-speed connections normally experienced on land, as it is transmitted via a shared-bandwith satellite connection. Details on internet rates and plans may be found by clicking here
Your cell phone may be operational while at sea. Please note, however, that international voice and data roaming charges will apply. Please contact your cell service provider for specific details and rates.
Carnival does not offer a direct dialing service to their ships. In the event of a true emergency, family for friends may contact the Carnival Cruise Lines call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis. They will take down the caller’s name and contact information and pass it on to our Guest Services team, who will contact you onboard.
CALLING FROM SHIP PHONES
The ship offers direct dialing (via satellite) from your stateroom telephone. This is available 24 hours a day, but close on the final day of the cruise at 4:00am. The rate is $1.99 per minute, and charges are billed to your Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, the charges will apply to ALL calls, including calling cards, credit cards, 800 toll-free numbers and collect calls.
Here is your onboard schedule for ShipRocked 2020! You can download the full schedule by clicking any of the images below, or by clicking here. Printed schedule cards will be included with your SR20 Program booklet onboard, which will be delivered to your cabins on the first day of the cruise.
Guests are permitted to take personal photos using fixed-lens, or “point and shoot” cameras everywhere onboard the cruise. However, please refrain from flash photography in all indoor concert venues.IMPORTANT: The use of detachable lens cameras (DSLR, other professional cameras, etc.), tablets (iPads, etc.), camera and video sticks, and any video or audio recording devices, will not be permitted during shows. Remote controlled photo/video drones are strictly prohibited. Event security WILL be enforcing this policy throughout the cruise.
ShipRocked and Carnival Cruise Line is dedicated to the safety of all guests and crew. We want all our guests to have a safe, fun and memorable vacation.
Smoking is a fire and safety hazard on a ship. Consequently, it is strictly limited to specific exterior deck areas and designated casino/night club spaces that can be monitored. All guests are expected to adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- All staterooms and suite accommodations, including outside balconies, are NON-SMOKING. This policy applies to all forms of smoking, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes and marijuana.
- Carnival recognizes that some state and local governments in the U.S., and in the destinations we visit, might allow marijuana use. However, Carnival Cruise Line follows U.S. federal law, which strictly prohibits possession and use of recreational/medicinal marijuana and other illegal controlled substances.
- Any violation of this policy will result in a $500 charge, per violation, posted on the guest’s Sail & Sign® account and may also result in the disembarkation of all guests in the stateroom.
- Guests who are disembarked for violating our policy will be responsible for all financial charges and expenses to return home, and no refund of their unused cruise fare will be provided. Additionally, they may be prohibited from sailing with Carnival Cruise Line in the future.
Passengers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase or consume alcohol onboard the vessel.
All guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol onboard, with the exceptions put forth in Carnival's Liquor & Beverage Policy.
To ensure the health and safety of all ShipRocked guests, no moshing, crowd surfing or stage diving will be permitted during music performances onboard the ship. Guest agrees to comply with this policy, and further acknowledges that SR management and/or CCL vessel management reserve the right to remove any guest in violation of this policy from the performance area. Continued violation of this policy may result in disembarkation. In such cases SR and CCL shall not be liable for damages, refund or other compensation, including travel costs.