Updated: May 24, 2018
By using our Services, you acknowledge that we will use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate. Please be aware that the privacy laws and standards in certain countries, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, may differ from those that apply in the country in which you reside. We will transfer personal information only to these countries to which we are permitted by law to transfer personal information, and we will take steps to ensure that your personal information continues to enjoy appropriate protections. As our business evolves, this Policy may change, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
You may opt out of receiving our emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email you receive from us or by contacting us (see the “Contact Us” section at the end of this policy). Note, however, that if you opt out of receiving emails related to your current event registrations, you may miss important information or changes relating to the event, for which ASK4 assumes no responsibility.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you in several different ways, including:
1. Information We Collect Directly From You & Other Sources:
We collect information you voluntarily provide directly to us, or give us permission to obtain. For example, we collect information when you provide it to us by creating an online account, registering for an event, signing up to receive our emails, contacting our customer service team, participating in a sweepstakes, contest or survey, donating to one of our charity partners, applying for a job or otherwise communicating with us, or access our Services through various other methods, we collect data about you and your visit.
We collect the following categories of data either directly from you or from our business partners and third parties:
- Personal details (e.g., name, salutation, title, date of birth, place of birth and gender)
- Contact details (e.g., email address, telephone number, mobile number, address and emergency contact information)
- Financial details (e.g., credit card information, transactional history, amount paid for Services, bank information, income and business information)
- Government-issued documents (e.g., passports, alien resident cards, visas, residency permits, social security numbers, driver’s licenses and redress numbers)
- Travel / vacation preference details (e.g., flight number, hotel booking, cabin number, special occasion dates, special accommodations, loyalty program information and dietary preferences)
- Information available via public records
- Details regarding our websites and applications (e.g., usernames, passwords, security answers and geolocation information)
- Employment application details (e.g., name, employment history, telephone number, address, email address, education history, military service and immigration status)
Some of the categories of data that we collect in connection with provision of our Services may constitute special categories of personal data (also known as sensitive personal data). In particular, we may collect personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical, or political beliefs, sexual orientation, or data concerning health, such as medical history or dietary restrictions, if in connection with our provision of Services. We only collect this information when you choose to provide this to us or to a service provider such as a travel agent. We only use this information to provide a service you request, such as medical care on board one of our cruises or special dietary accommodations. If, while traveling or attending an event with us, you allege a personal injury or submit a claim after alleging a personal injury, we may collect personal data concerning the alleged incident, including healthcare information.
You also may give us permission to access your information on third party social media sites. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to our websites, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to keep those updated with your preferred settings.
The vessels we charter for our events operate closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras on board, including at all access points and throughout the public areas, namely for ensuring the safety and security of each ship and other passengers. These CCTV cameras record continually and images of you may appear in these recordings (“CCTV images”). CCTV images are retained and stored for a set period and may be used internally for identification purposes and to assist with investigation of safety or security related matters.
2. Information We Collect Automatically:
When you access our websites or otherwise receive Services we automatically collect some categories of data from you, including data collected using cookies and other device identifying technologies.
IP Addresses and Log Files
When you access our website and Services, our servers automatically record certain data (“Log Data”). Log Data we collect includes, but may not be limited to, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, characteristics of your device and software, domain names of your Internet Service Provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of your usage of the Services, the time of your usage, the referring link through which you accessed the Services and aggregated personal data that cannot be used to specifically identify you.
In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device you use to access our sites (“Device Data”), including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please consult the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the performance of our websites. This software may record information such as how often you use our websites, the events that occur within our websites, aggregated usage, and performance data. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any information you submit through our websites.
Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a Web site. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past, and relate your use of the Site to other information about you, such as your Site usage information and personal information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site (for example, by storing your username so you can log in easily, keeping you logged into the Site after you have provided your password, and storing the contents of your shopping cart as you browse) or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information and detect and prevent fraud. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of the Site or its features.
Most browsers accept Cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain Cookies or notify you before accepting Cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser, which are usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” menus. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their Cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link.
To limit interest-based advertising on your mobile device, you can review and adjust the settings provided by your device manufacturer, such as “Limit Ad Tracking” for iOS or “Opt-out of interest-based ads” for Android.
In addition to being able to control cookies by changing the settings in your browser on your computer, or in your mobile device’s settings, you can also control which companies can set cookies and similar technologies on your devices, by visiting the following links (you’ll need to turn any cookie or ad blockers off for the control pages to show which companies you can opt-out of):
The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) control page allows you to control behavioral advertising from each of the ad networks represented by the NAI.
The Digital Advertising Alliance’s self-regulatory program for online behavioral advertising control page allows you to control behavioral advertising from the ad networks it represents.
Importantly, these ad networks set cookies to remember that you have chosen to opt-out. If you clear your cache the opt-outs will not be applied and you would need to opt-out again.
HTML5 (the language some web sites are coded in) may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Site usage activities. This information can be retrieved by us to determine how our Site is being used by our visitors, how it can be improved, and to customize it for our users.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Site usage information to other information about you, including your personal information. These technologies also enable us to recognize you when you access our Site using different Web browsers and different computers or devices.
When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from our subsidiaries and affiliates. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such emails, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email and follow the instructions.
Third Party Sponsors & Partners
We may also obtain automatically collected information from other sources (such as sponsor and partner Sites) and combine that with information we collect about you and use it for various purposes, such as improving the Services and your online experience, understanding which areas and features of our sites are popular, counting visits, understanding campaign effectiveness, tailoring our communications with you, determining whether an email has been opened and links within the email have been clicked and for other internal business purposes.
We use the information we collect primarily for the purposes entering into and fulfilling our agreement with you, our legitimate business interests, and other purposes as detailed in this Privacy Notice.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Identify and authenticate you: We use your identification data to verify your identity when you register for and access and use our Services and to ensure the security of your personal data. We do this to comply with our contractual obligations to you.
- Provide you with Services: We process your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations to you; providing the Services you have requested, organizing and administering our events, and providing you with the above-and-beyond customer service for which we are known and we know that you expect.
- Customize your experience: When you use the Services, we may use your personal data to improve your experience of the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the Services and providing you with content, offerings and experiences based on your interests, including shore excursions or events.
- Communications with You: We may use your personal information to provide updates and information relating to your event, such as to send you a confirmation email when you register for an event and updates relating to that specific event, or if we are providing information about changes to our terms and conditions or if you contact us with questions. You may also submit your email address to us for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to: registering for a sweepstakes, contest or survey; requesting that we notify you of new brands, events or products; signing up for newsletters and special offers. It is in our legitimate interest to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notices about our Services.
- Advertise and Market our Services: We may use your personal information to improve our Services, to improve our marketing efforts in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you, to our new and existing customers, and to determine general information about the visitors to our websites or applications. It is in our legitimate interest to provide more relevant and interesting advertising messages. Where necessary, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages.
- Comply with our obligations under applicable laws: We may process your personal data to comply with applicable legal requirements, for example, we may provide certain information to governmental and recognized law enforcement agencies, such as providing personal data to the Transportation Security Administration and port agents in connection with commercial air travel you book through us, or to comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where explicitly required by law.
- Exercise our rights: We may use your personal data to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to legal claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or our applicable contract terms and conditions.
- Comply with our obligations: We may process your personal data to, for example, carry out fraud prevention checks or comply with other legal or regulatory requirements, where explicitly required by law.
- Ensure the safety of employees and guests: We may process your personal data to ensure the safety and security of all guests on board our ships or at our events. For example, we may check your information against a publicly available criminal record database in order to protect the safety of our guests and team members.
We may share your personal data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners: We may share your personal data with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies or vendors to organize and facilitate your travel, including via travel agents, arrange hotel accommodations, process your payments, including charging purchases to onboard accounts, provide onboard services, provide port services and excursions, facilitate targeted marketing and other communications by mail or email, facilitate services related to our casinos, maintain guest records and analyze data. These companies are authorized to use your personal data only as necessary to provide these services to us. Some onboard products and services and excursions and activities are provided by third parties. We may share sufficient personal data about you with these partners, before, after or during your cruise or event in order to improve Services to you. These companies have their own privacy policies which you should refer to if you choose to use their services. We may also share your personal data with third parties that have joint or cooperative marketing arrangements with us.
- Where required by law: We may provide certain personal data to governmental and recognized law enforcement agencies as required by law or other third parties where we believe necessary to comply with a legal obligation. We are required to cooperate with government and law enforcement agencies and public authorities of any country in your itinerary, including customs and immigration authorities. Personal data about you may be shared with these agencies (such as customs and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security) prior to boarding, during your cruise, or after disembarkation for security or immigration purposes).
- To protect our rights or the rights of a third party: We may share your personal data to identify, investigate, contact, or bring legal action against an individual who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property or the rights or property of a third person if we believe in good faith that disclosing this personal data is necessary or advisable. We operate casinos on our ships and may share your personal data with third parties to prevent or detect fraud. Personal data about you may also be shared with governmental and recognized law enforcement agencies in order to prevent and detect crime as well as to safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With your consent or at your discretion.
We implement physical, technical, and organizational security measures designed to safeguard the personal data and information we process. These measures are aimed at providing ongoing integrity and confidentiality for your personal data. We evaluate and update these measures on a regular basis.
We take reasonable precautions in order to attempt to ensure the safety and security of our customer’s online transactions. Billing information is encrypted and transmitted through SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. SSL is the industry standard for securing Web-messaging transactions.
While we take these measusres to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee complete security. 100% security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ASK4 BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH A THIRD PARY’S UNAUTHORIZED ACCES TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ASK4 WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you, and such relationship includes any request to receive marketing or other promotional materials from us or membership in our loyalty programs. When deciding how long to keep your personal data after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations, including requirements of regulators and governmental agencies that have authority over us. We may also retain records to investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
We will delete your personal data when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Our websites are not intended for children under the age of 18, and we do not intentionally collect personal data from children under 18 via our website, or mobile or other applications except as guests named in a booking. If you have reason to believe that we have collected personal data from someone under 18 years of age via our websites or other applications including mobile applications, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may process personal data about children who are guests before, during or after our cruises or events in order to provide our Services. We do not process personal data about children for any other purpose nor do we seek to collect personal data about children. If you have reason to believe that we have collected personal data from someone under 18 years of age other than in connection with providing our Services, please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship, (a) a list of the categories of personal data, such as name, email and mailing address and the type of services provided to the customer, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and (b) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above data, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the contact address listed below. We will respond to such requests for data access within 30 days following receipt at the email or mailing address stated above. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
Additionally, California law requires that we indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your browser concerning targeted advertising. We do not currently alter our practices when a Do Not Track signal is received. To learn about Do Not Track and for information about how to opt out of receiving targeted advertising, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, subject to local European Union data protection laws. These include the following rights:
- access your personal data
- rectify the data we hold about you
- erase your personal data
- restrict our use of your personal data
- object to our use of your personal data
- receive your personal data in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise these rights, please contact us at the details below. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your data if it changes or if the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional data from you in order to honor your requests.
THIRD PARTIES WE DO NOT CONTROL
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We are headquartered in the United States, but have global operations and affiliates. Accordingly, your personal data may be transferred to, stored and processed in various countries, including those that are not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal data under European Union law or by the European Commission. We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
MANAGING YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS
All emails you receive from us will include specific instructions on how to unsubscribe and you may unsubscribe at any time by taking one the following steps:
(1) Follow the instructions provided in any of our emails
(2) Click on the following link to update your preferences: Unsubscribe
(3) Send mail to the address listed at the bottom of this Privacy Notice
Please allow up to 2 weeks to be unsubscribed from all Company emails.
c/o, ASK4 Entertainment
Attn: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 120956
Nashville, TN 37212