By now you should have received your Carnival Booking Number, which you will need in order to check-in online and finalize your reservation at Carnival.com. The Primary/Lead Guest can check-in for everyone in the cabin, or everyone can check-in separately. Below are the steps to complete Carnival’s mandatory online check-in:
If you have sailed on Carnival before, but can’t remember your login info, please do NOT create a new account. You can recover your user name, email or password by clicking the links below the login button.
Enter the following information under “Access Your Booking”
• Your Carnival Booking Number: *Click Here*
• Your Last Name (as it appears on your reservation)
• Your Date of Birth
• Ship Name: Carnival Valor
• Sailing Date: January 26, 2019
Click “Online Check-In” and follow the prompts to complete each section for your reservation.
You may elect to complete your cabinmate(s) online check-in also at this time. However, should your cabinmate(s) check themselves in, please note that everyone in the cabin must use the same booking number.
Trouble Logging In?
Call Carnival’s Website Technical Support at (800) 845-2599.
You’ll need to contact Carnival directly if you are having technical issues with their website (forgot username and/or password, reservation number is not coming up).
ASK4 Reservations does not have access to your login information on Carnival’s website, and cannot help you. You must contact Carnival first. If they need for us to make any changes to your account, they will advise you to contact us.
Need To Correct The Spelling Of Your Name?
If you need to make a simple name correction to the spelling of your name (e.g., Matt to Matthew), you can email us at email@example.com or call 888-402-ASK4 (2754). Fees are not charged for name corrections.
If You Need To Change Or Add A Name, Or Cancel Someone In Your Reservation
Call us at 888-402-ASK4 (2754) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must submit all name changes by no later than 5:00pm-ET on January 18th! You must contact us if you are replacing, changing, cancelling or adding a guest in your cabin. Note: Name change fees are $250 per person, per change, and no changes will be permitted within one week of sailing.
VERY IMPORTANT: The name on your reservation MUST MATCH the name on your passport, or birth certificate and government-issued photo I.D. Please click here regarding name changes as the result of a marriage, divorce or other legal name change, for information on additional documentation you may need to provide (such as a marriage certificate, etc).
Bring Your Travel Documents
Make sure you bring along your printed boarding passes with you (or have them saved to your mobile device) as well as your passport OR Birth Certificate and Photo ID. If you forget everything else, please remember those documents.
You can review full details of the required identification by clicking here.
VERY IMPORTANT: The name on your cruise reservation/ticket MUST MATCH the name on your passport, or birth certificate and government-issued photo I.D. Please click here regarding name changes as the result of a marriage, divorce or other legal name change, for information on additional documentation you may need to provide (such as a marriage certificate, etc).
DO NOT PACK YOUR PASSPORT, BIRTH CERTIFICATE, PHOTO ID, OR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS — HAND CARRY ALL OF YOUR ID & DOCUMENTS!
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE THEM ON YOUR PERSON IN ORDER TO GAIN ENTRY INTO THE PORT TERMINAL AND ONTO THE SHIP!
Cozumel Beach Party
When our iron horse pulls into the station at Cozumel, saddle up to Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park for a ShipRocked exclusive beach excursion! It’s the perfect place to kick off yer boots, enjoy some raucous music from Wilson & Blacktop Mojo, knock back some Cactus Wine and get roostered, take a dip in the water, or just sit fer a spell and enjoy the serenity of the sandbank. Click here for all the details and to purchase your tickets!
ShipRocked has teamed up with some wild-west party experts to bring you this year’s pre-cruise party, The SRX Saloon Crawl! Join the party before the party at five of Galveston’s finest watering holes. Take advantage of exclusive drink specials, free giveaways, enter contests, win awesome prizes, and get yer hootin’ and hollerin’ on during our exclusive artist hosted parties at each saloon along the way! Click here for all the details and to purchase your tickets!
Once you’ve checked-in online at Carnival.com, you will be able to pre-book a number of fun shore excursions for both Cozumel and Yucatan during the cruise. If you have any questions about excursions, please contact Carnival Cruise Lines directly at 1-800-764-7419.
Wine & Champagne
At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21+) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. A $15 USD corkage fee, per 750 ml bottle, will be charged should guests wish to consume their wine or champagne in the main dining room, or at a bar.
Per Carnival’s beverage policy, guests may NOT carry-on bottled water. However, guests may pre-purchase bottled water at significantly reduced pricing, which will be delivered directly to your staterooms.
The Bottomless Bubbles all-you-can-drink soda and juice package IS available to pre-purchase online, and can also be purchased from any bar once onboard.
Other Non-Alcoholic Beverages
Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in BOTTLES. Sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk, packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest’s carry-on luggage. Maximum 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces or less, per person.
What Should I Pack?
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS – Pack all of your travel documents in your carry-on luggage! On boarding day, remember to bring all of your travel documents – passports, birth certificates, photo-IDs, boarding pass and e-docs for the cruise, airline tickets, etc. Do not pack your travel documents in your checked luggage!
- ESSENTIALS & VALUABLES – You should also plan to carry-on any other essential items or valuables you may need during first day on the ship, such as credit cards, medication, sunglasses, sunscreen, cameras, mobile phones, etc., as it could take several hours for your checked bags to be delivered to your cabin. — Please Note that you will need to have your credit card or cash in order to purchase event and artist merchandise onboard. You will not be able to charge Merchandise to your onboard account.
- CLOTHING – Lightweight “resort casual” clothing, swimsuits, flip-flops, sandals or deck shoes for around the pool area, sneakers, walking shoes or hiking boots for any applicable shore excursions. Fitness clothing if you like to exercise. Also not a bad idea to pack some warmer clothing and light rain gear just to be on the safe side (we’ll have some hoodies and long-sleeve shirts available for you in the Gift Shop!)
- COSTUMES – Any clothing or costumes you need for our Theme Nights! See “Toy Weapons” in Do Not Pack.
- CAMERAS – Cameras, batteries, chargers, and enough film or memory cards to capture the entire event. And don’t forget ear plugs for the young ones (or yourself), plenty of sunscreen and lip balm. Please review our Photo & Video Policy.
- OVERNIGHT BAG – On the last evening of your cruise your luggage will be collected for disembarkation the following morning. So you may want to pack a separate overnight bag to accommodate your last evenings’ clothes and sundries to carry off the ship with you.
- WINE & CHAMPAGNE – You must hand carry-on any wine or champagne you wish to enjoy during the cruise. Guests are limited to one 750 ml sealed/unopened bottle, and you will be required to pay a corkage fee of $15 USD at the port. See Carnival’s Liquor & Beverage Policy for complete details. Do not pack any alcohol in your checked or carry on luggage!
- NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – Non-alcoholic beverages, such as sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk, must be packaged in cans or cartons only, and must be in your carry-on luggage. Maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. See Carnival’s Liquor & Beverage Policy for complete details
What Should I NOT Pack?
- TOY WEAPONS – We know this year’s theme is the Old West. But them fine folks over at the Customs & Border Patrol won’t take too kindly to your toy guns or fake weapons. So please, pew pew with yer fingers on this one.
- BEACH TOWEL – Beach towels will be supplied by the ship onboard, and we’ll have some ShipRocked towels available in the Merch Store!
- HAIR DRYERS – Hair dryers are included in all staterooms.
- APPLIANCES – Clothing irons and steamers – All Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards (valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee).
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – With the exception of wine and champagne as previously described, guests are prohibited from bringing any alcoholic beverages on board in checked or carry on luggage. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. See Carnival’s Liquor & Beverage Policy for complete details.
- BOTTLED WATER – Bottled water is NOT permitted to be carried onboard by Carnival Cruise Lines. Guests may pre-purchase bottled water at significantly reduced pricing and have it delivered to their staterooms. Please see Carnival’s Liquor & Beverage Policy for complete details including pricing.
- OTHER NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES – Guests are prohibited from bringing soft drinks, juice, and other non-alcoholic drinks on board that are packaged in BOTTLES. See Carnival’s Liquor & Beverage Policy for complete details
- ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. Absolutely NO illegal narcotics or drugs are permitted, and all guests and bags are subject to a search by US Customs & Border Patrol during embarkation and debarkation.
- OTHER PROHIBITED ITEMS – Passengers are strictly prohibited from bringing onboard firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances, or animals of any kind (with the exception of service animals). For a complete list of items prohibited by Carnival Cruise Lines, click here.
- THINGS TO SELL – No vending is allowed onboard.
- Please review ShipRocked’s Zero-Tolerance Policy.
Before The Cruise
Guests should plan to arrive the day before the cruise departs to avoid any potential flight delays, lost baggage, or other problems that may occur. Should you need to arrive on the date of departure, we recommend that you schedule your flight arrival in Houston for no later than 11:00am-CT.
After The Cruise
When booking your return flight, Carnival recommends scheduling your departure from Houston for after 1:30 PM-CT
From the East:
- Take State Highway 87 West to Galveston Island
- Use the Port Bolivar vehicle ferry system
- Please allow additional time for delays at the ferry landing
- Exit the ferry onto Ferry Road / Highway 87
- Turn right onto Harborside Drive
- Continue approximately 20 city blocks
- Turn right onto Kempner / 22nd Street and continue to the cruise terminal Cruise Parking
From the North & West:
- Take Interstate 45 South to Galveston Island
- Take Exit 1C
- Follow the Exit 1C feeder road to Harborside Drive (Highway 275)
- Turn left onto Harborside Drive
- Continue 4.7 miles to Kempner / 22nd Street
- Turn left on Kempner / 22nd Street and follow to the Cruise Terminals
Curbside luggage drop-off is available at the terminal. You may also choose to proceed directly to the parking lot with your luggage.
Port shuttles are able to transport you and your luggage to and from the parking lots to the cruise terminals, departing every 5 minutes.
Parking Rates & Payment
Overnight Parking is priced by length of stay. Total for 5 nights: $50. Acceptable payment methods for parking include cash, debit, and major credit cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
For complete parking information, please CLICK HERE.
Carnival Cruise Line offers shuttle service between George Bush Intercontinental Airport or Hobby International Airport to the Port of Galveston on the day of embarkation or debarkation only. Guests may purchase transportation up to 2 days prior to their sail date.
What is the cost?
- Hobby International Airport (HOU) and Port of Galveston: One-way: $36.99*
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and Port of Galveston: One-way: $46.99*
*Transportation rates are subject to change and unused services are non-refundable.
Where can I purchase?
Purchase of transfers can be made via your reservation profile on Carnival.com or via Carnival reservations directly at 1-800-327-9501 within 30 days of sailing and up to 2 days prior to your sail date.
Click here for important additional information about Carnival’s Shuttle Service.
Be sure to download the ShipRocked Mobile App from the Apple Store and Google Play to track all the exciting things happening onboard, and get schedule updates as they happen! From dining options and times, to the music and events schedule – get fast access to everything that’s rockin’ during the cruise!
* All event signups will occur on board at the SRX Help Desk in the Lobby (Deck 3 MID) *
Checking Your Luggage
Upon arrival at the cruise terminal, you may check your luggage with the porters, and your bags will be delivered directly to your cabin.
Each piece of checked luggage must have an affixed luggage tag, listing the ship, your name, and cabin number. If you forgot to print yours or need more, fear not! Additional luggage tags can be obtained from the porters as necessary. It is customary to tip the porters $1-$2 per bag.
DO NOT PACK YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION, IMPORTANT MEDICATION OR OTHER IMPORTANT ITEMS IN ANY BAG YOU PLAN TO CHECK. DO NOT PACK ALCOHOL IN YOUR CHECKED OR CARRY-ON LUGGAGE.
Checking-In at the Cruise Terminal
After checking your bags with the porters, you will enter the terminal building and go through a checkpoint where a terminal agent will verify your reservation by inspecting* your printed boarding pass and your passport, or birth certificate and Photo ID.
Once that is complete, you will go through the terminal’s security scanners, which again are very similar to airport security, and proceed to the terminal waiting area.
* If there are any reservation issues that need to be addressed, you will be instructed to see another terminal agent in the main terminal waiting area after you’ve gone through security.
Setting Up Your Onboard Account
If you did not setup your onboard spending account with a credit card during your online check-in, or if you need to setup an account using cash, you will be instructed to proceed to the account setup desk in the main terminal waiting area to do so after you’ve gone through security. The agent there will take your form of payment (credit card or cash deposit) for your onboard charges.
Carnival Sail & Sign Card
Unlike previous ShipRocked cruises, you will not receive your Carnival Sail & Sign Card in the terminal before you board. Carnival now delivers all Sail & Sign cards in sealed envelopes to the mailboxes just outside of your stateroom doors, and will do so by no later than 1:30pm on the day of departure.
Your printed boarding pass will temporarily serve as your onboard charge card until you have retrieved your physical Sail & Sign card.
One you have retrieved your Sail & Sign card, you will use it to pay for nearly everything you purchase onboard the ship such as alcoholic beverages, duty-free items, spa services, shore excursions, etc. The card is also the key to your cabin, and activates the lights in your cabin. This card will also be your form of ID to get on and off the ship in our ports of call. You should carry this card with you at ALL times.
If you lose your cruise card, please visit the Guest Services Desk (Deck 3-MID) immediately to get a new one. Keep your card away from water and cell phones as it can get demagnetized and stop working.
Shortly before the ship’s departure, all guests are required to participate in a MANDATORY safety drill (aka, muster drill), which will be held throughout the ship at approximately 3:00pm. Listen carefully for the drill announcements, and proceed to your assigned Muster Station, which will be noted on your Sail & Sign card. The faster you get to your muster station and follow all crew instructions carefully, the faster we can start the music!
After You Board
After you board the ship, you can make your way up to the Lido Deck (9-AFT) for lunch, and to meet and greet other cruisers. Or, you can head to your cabin to get settled in. Please note that cabins are not typically available until approximately 1:30pm.
Inside Your Stateroom
If your beds are not configured incorrectly when you arrive in your cabin, for example you have 2 twin beds and desired a King, or vice versa, please contact Guest Services from your stateroom phone to inform the staff that they need to change the bedding configuration. Also, if you need additional pillows, towels, please contact Guest Services.
All staterooms come equipped with both European voltage plugs and US voltage plugs, and include beach towels, hair dryer, mini-safe, TV, phone, and ice bucket. Select rooms come equipped with a mini-fridge and coffee-maker.
Please review all of the documents and information in your cabin once onboard, as well as the documents that will be delivered to your cabin daily throughout the cruise — Be sure to refer to your Carnival Fun Times daily!
A 18% gratuity will be automatically added to all beverage purchases, unless otherwise noted. Room Service and Spa staff may be tipped as service is rendered.
ShipRocked event merchandise and Artist merchandise will be available for purchase throughout the cruise in our onboard Gift Shop (Lincoln Dining Room, Deck 3-MID).
You will NOT be able to charge merchandise to your onboard account. You will need a credit card and/or cash in order to purchase any event or artist merchandise.
Guests are permitted to take personal photos using fixed-lens, or “point and shoot” cameras everywhere onboard the cruise. However, please refrain from flash photography in all indoor concert venues.
IMPORTANT: The use of detachable lens cameras (DSLR, other professional cameras, etc.), tablets (iPads, etc.), camera and video sticks, and any video or audio recording devices, will not be permitted during shows. Remote controlled photo/video drones are strictly prohibited. Event security WILL be enforcing this policy throughout the cruise.
Onboard Internet Access
Internet access is available onboard in the HUB Internet Café (Deck 5-MID), via WIFI throughout the ship. Please note that internet access onboard is significantly slower than high-speed connections normally experienced on land, as it is transmitted via a shared-bandwith satellite connection. Details on internet rates and plans may be found by clicking here.
Your cell phone may be operational while at sea. Please note, however, that international voice and data roaming charges will apply. Please contact your cell service provider for specific details and rates.
Carnival Cruise Line is dedicated to the safety of all guests and crew. We want all our guests to have a safe, fun and memorable vacation.
Smoking is a fire and safety hazard on a ship. Consequently, it is strictly limited to specific exterior deck areas and designated casino/night club spaces that can be monitored. All guests are expected to adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- All staterooms and suite accommodations, including outside balconies, are NON-SMOKING. This policy applies to all forms of smoking, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes and marijuana.
- Carnival recognizes that some state and local governments in the U.S., and in the destinations we visit, might allow marijuana use. However, Carnival Cruise Line follows U.S. federal law, which strictly prohibits possession and use of recreational/medicinal marijuana and other illegal controlled substances.
- Any violation of this policy will result in a $500 charge, per violation, posted on the guest’s Sail & Sign® account and may also result in the disembarkation of all guests in the stateroom.
- Guests who are disembarked for violating our policy will be responsible for all financial charges and expenses to return home, and no refund of their unused cruise fare will be provided. Additionally, they may be prohibited from sailing with Carnival Cruise Line in the future.
Emergency Contact Number
Carnival Cruise Lines does not offer a direct dialing service to their ships. In the event of a true emergency, family members not traveling with our guests may contact the Carnival Cruise Lines call center at 1-800-227-6482 on a 24/7 basis. They will take down the caller’s name and contact information and pass it on to our Guest Services team onboard.
Ship To Shore Communications
For our guest’s convenience, the ship’s telecommunications network offers direct dialing via satellite from the stateroom telephone. This is available 24 hours a day regardless of the ship’s location. This service is closed on the final day of the cruise at 4:00am.
The rate is $1.99 per minute, and charges are billed to the guest’s on board Sail and Sign Card. Since all communication is via satellite, the charges apply to all calls including calling cards, credit cards, 800 toll-free numbers and collect calls.